UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued an online application form for the NDA & NA 2 Recruitment 2023. Those Candidates who are interested in the UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Notification and meet the required eligibility criteria can read the complete notification and apply online for the UPSC NDA 2 Notification 2023 at @upsc.gov.in.
UPSC NDA 2 Notification 2023
Are you excitedly awaiting for the UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023? If yes, you can now submit your form. Because the board issued the notice for the seats today. Read the section below for further recruitment news and updates.
This is an excellent chance for those looking for job. Because the Recruitment Notification has been released for all wiating candidates. On this website, you can also get detailed information about UPSC NDA 2, such as the application deadline, eligibility requirements, fee and pay scale, and further details.
Table of Contents
UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Organization||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Post Name||National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Exam 2023|
|No. of Vacancy||395 Post|
|Job Location||All India|
|Apply Last Date||06/06/2023|
|Apply Start Date||17/05/2023|
|Apply Last Date||06/06/2023|
|UPSC NDA 2 Exam Date||03/09/2023|
|UR / OBC / EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|SC / ST / Female||Nil|
Only unmarried male and female candidates born between January 2, 2005 and January 1, 2008 are eligible.
UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Vacancy Details
|Post Name||No. of Post|
|National Defence Academy (NDA)||Army||208|
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||25|
UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Eligibility
Army Wing of National Defence Academy:
- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the INA:
- 12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the 12th grade under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
- The papers on all subjects will only include objective type questions.
- The Mathematics Question Papers (Test Booklets) and Part “B” of the General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi and English.
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed, and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
|General Ability Test||2||2½ Hours||600|
|SSB Test / Interview||900|
UPSC NDA 2 Exam Pattern 2023
|Mathematics||General Ability Test|
|MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS||GENERAL KNOWLEDGE|
|TRIGONOMETRY||Section ‘A’ (Physics)|
|ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS||Section ‘B’ (Chemistry)|
|DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS||Section ‘C’ (General Science)|
|INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS||Section ‘D’ (History, Freedom Movement etc.)|
|VECTOR ALGEBRA||Section ‘E’ (Geography)|
|STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY||Section ‘F’ (Current Events)|
How to Apply UPSC NDA 2 Online Form 2023?
- From on May 17, 2023, the UPSC website will host the online registration application.
- Applications will only be accepted online.
- Applicants will be given an online Registration Number upon registration, which should be carefully saved for future reference.
- The applicant’s E-mail address must be included in the application.
- The deadline for submitting an online application is June 6, 2023.
UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Important Links
|APPLY LINK||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||Click Here|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||Click Here|
|MORE GOVT. JOBS||Click Here|
UPSC NDA 2 Syllabus 2023
Paper 1: Mathematics (Code No. 01): Max Marks – 300
- Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers.
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its applications. Logarithms and their applications.
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS:
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY:
- Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples. Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon – examples. Measures of Central tendency – Mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
- Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events.
- Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples. Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
- Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits -examples. Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications.
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS:
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications.
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equations, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS:
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic.
- Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications – work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
Paper-II: General Ability Test (Code No. 02): Max Marks – 600
Part ‘A’: ENGLISH (Maximum Marks – 200)
- The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Maximum Marks – 400)
- The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
Section ‘A’ (Physics):
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy. Effects of Heat, Measurement of Temperature and Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments. Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses, Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Nonconductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays. General Principles in the working of the following:
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
Section ‘B’ (Chemistry):
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction. Acids, bases and salts. Carbon-different forms. Fertilizers-Natural and Artificial. Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches and Gun Powder. Elementary ideas about the structure of Atom, Atomic Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
Section ‘C’ (General Science):
- Difference between the living and non-living. Basis of Life-Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues. Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of Human Body and its important organs. Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
- Food-Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet. The Solar System-Meteors and Comets, Eclipses. Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
Section ‘D’ (History, Freedom Movement etc.):
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation. Freedom Movement in India. Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration. Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India. Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development. Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution. Impact of Science and Technology on Society. Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism. Role of India in the present world.
Section ‘E’ (Geography):
- The Earth, its shape and size. Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line. Movements of Earth and their effects. Origin of Earth. Rocks and their classification; Weathering—Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and Volcanoes. Ocean Currents and Tides Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds.
- Cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate, Major Natural regions of the World. Regional Geography of India—Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and Industrial activities. Important Sea ports and main sea, land, and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
Section ‘F’ (Current Events):
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in recent years. Current important world events. Prominent personalities—both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stages Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on a combination of performance in the OIR Test and PP&DT.
- (b) Stage II Comprises Interviews, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests, and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO), and the Psychologist.
- There is no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the test.
- In addition, marks for the Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and the decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage.
UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023 Important FAQs
How many vacancies will be there in UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023?
There are 400 Posts for UPSC NDA.
When will UPSC release the Official Notification 2023 for NDA & NA 2?
UPSC NDA 2 Issue Notification on 17/05/2023.
What is the Apply Online Date for UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023?
Candidates can Apply from 17/05/2023.
What is the Application Fee for UPSC NDA 2 Recruitment 2023?
Rs. 100/- for UR / OBC and Rs. No Fee for SC / ST / PWD / Women.